Welcome to Styles for Thought
My name is SK, and thank you so much for stopping by!
I started Styles for Thought in July 2015 as a way to support sustainable fashion and encourage others to do the same. Through providing styling tips and discovering independent fashion brands, I hope this blog will inspire you to look stylish and shop responsibly.
Why did I Start Styles for Thought?
While I love fashion, fashion is one of the most polluting industries in the world, and many fashion companies don’t treat their workers fairly. And so, I decided to start Styles for Thought to explore ways to look stylish and shop responsibly.
How to Support Sustainable Fashion?
Besides buying from eco-friendly and ethical fashion brands, there are many ways to support sustainable fashion:
- Develop a personal style. Don’t follow fashion trends mindlessly.
- Shop less. Creating a capsule wardrobe can help!
- Buy Better. Buy high quality clothes and classic styles that last.
- Restyle your old clothes. Wear your existing clothes more often.
What to Expect in Styles For Thought?
In Styles For Thought, you can see posts about:
- Capsule Wardrobe Challenges. How I come up with 10 different outfits with only 10 pieces.
- Fashion Brand Reviews. I explore independent fashion brands that make clothes mindfully. Sometimes I get to interview the founders and learn about their start up stories.
- Style Advice. Anything from restyling ideas to tips on how to cultivate a personal style.
- Shopping Tips. How to shop for things. And where to buy things that are made ethically and sustainably.
Alrighty, let’s delve into Styles for Thought, shall we?